Saturday, November 20, 2010

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun- What are you thankful for?

I've been struggling the last few weeks trying to find time to do more research and post more blogs.  I don't know if it's me feeling a little burn out, or the lack of time I seem to have since I've gone back to work, or if it's just 'that' time of the year.  It may even be a combination of all three.

Randy Seaver's with Gena-Musings sends out a weekly challenge to all Gena-Bloggers on Saturday night.  This week he says:

Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to:

1)  Make a list of Genealogy-oriented people or things that you are thankful for.  Any number -- 1, 10, 100, whatever.

2)  Tell us about it in your own blog post, in a comment on this post, or in a Facebook comment or Note - DONE VIA FACEBOOK AND TWITTER

 Here's mine:


1. I am most thankful for my ancestors who went before me...the legacy of faith, family, and future they have left for me and all their descendants.  


2. I am also thankful the family, extended family, and others I have reconnected with via my research:
  •  my niece (whom I had not heard from in 25 years), read this and this
  • contact from my 2nd cousin Greg who has been a Godsend in my genealogy work - from myriads of pictures to the donating to me a flat bed scanner for use in scanning the pictures; 
  • my dad's full sister (whom he never knew about) and for the opportunity to meet her and my many cousins; 
  • and, to the many friends, relatives and fellow-bloggers who have read, encouraged and left dozens of comments on my blogs.
  • most of all I'm thankful for my immediate family who encourage me to 'keep on trucking' with this blog and my research.
3. I'm thankful for the many resources available on the internet, in Family Research Libraries and in county libraries...all of which aid in my finding additional information on family/ancestors.


Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
Mary Post Warren
© copyright 2010, all rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment