Randy Seaver's with Gena-Musings sends out a weekly challenge to all Gena-Bloggers on Saturday night. This week he says:
Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to:
1) Make a list of Genealogy-oriented people or things that you are thankful for. Any number -- 1, 10, 100, whatever.
2) Tell us about it in your own blog post, in a comment on this post, or in a Facebook comment or Note - DONE VIA FACEBOOK AND TWITTER
1. I am most thankful for my ancestors who went before me...the legacy of faith, family, and future they have left for me and all their descendants.
2. I am also thankful the family, extended family, and others I have reconnected with via my research:
- my niece (whom I had not heard from in 25 years), read this and this;
- contact from my 2nd cousin Greg who has been a Godsend in my genealogy work - from myriads of pictures to the donating to me a flat bed scanner for use in scanning the pictures;
- my dad's full sister (whom he never knew about) and for the opportunity to meet her and my many cousins;
- and, to the many friends, relatives and fellow-bloggers who have read, encouraged and left dozens of comments on my blogs.
- most of all I'm thankful for my immediate family who encourage me to 'keep on trucking' with this blog and my research.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!