Sunday, May 1, 2011

Follow-up on Goals/Resolutions - May

My May update on my 2011 goals/resolutions....I've kind of evened out the reading vs. genealogy work and am making progress on both.

My goals for the year and their current status:

    1. Read 5 chapters of the Bible daily - ON TRACK: Finished Psalms....starting Proverbs today

   2.  Read 2 books a month - ON TRACK: This month I read "Homespun Bride" by Jillian Hart and  "Daughter of Joy" by Kathleen Morgan.  Both are historical fiction.  I'm also working my way through Jane Austen's "Sense and Sensibility"...it's a slower read than the others, thus taking me a little more time. 

Other books I have read thus far this year:
  •   O. Henry's "The Gift of the Magi"   (January) 
  •   Frances Hodgson Burnett's "The Secret Garden" (January)  
  •   Charlotte Bronte's "Jane Eyre"  (February) 
  •   L. M. (Lucy Maud) Montgomery's "Anne of Green Gables"(February) 
  •   Mindy Starns Clark and Leslie Gould's "The Amish Midwife" (March)
  •   Thomas Paine's "Common Sense"   (March)
  •   Leslie Gould's "Garden of Dreams"  (March)
  •   Patricia Davids' "Katie's Redemption"  (March)
  •   Cindy Woodsmall's "The Hope of Refuge" (March)
  •  Tracie Peterson's "A Dream to Call My Own" (March)
  •  Nathaniel Hawthorne's "The Scarlet Letter" (March)

   3.  Volunteer in the school library - ON TRACK 

   4.  Research family info and blog a minimum of 3 days a week  -  NOT ON TRACK
  • I recently connected with the hub's cousin Carl (his mother and the hub's mother were sisters) who has been sending me much information on their side of the family.  He has traced ancestors back to their arrival on the Mayflower and before.  I will be sharing much of this information in the near future, be sure to keep an eye open for some good reading.  He's also written many short stories and poems that I will be sharing.
  • I did get done more than my quota of 3 blogs a week this month.

   5.  Attend a genealogy convention - ON TRACK
  • went to AZ Family History Expo in Mesa AZ a few weeks ago.
  • Trying to squeeze in an online classes.

   6.  Get my zucchini to grow this year (last year I got none) - ON TRACK - praying my zucchini and other squashes planted earlier this year will sprout! Also doing a lot of watering to keep them moist during this hot weather.

   7.  More canning and freezing of fresh fruits and veggies (either grown by me or given to us by neighbor)
No canning or freezing in April - but had a promise today from a neighbor of some zucchini (she said she'd give it to me tomorrow).  If I can't get my own to grow, I'll get it from others!

   8.  Walk more - NOT ON TRACK - although I did walk a few times this past month to and from school/work.


Pray for my sis-in-law (hubs older sis) who has terminal cancer, diagnosed a couple months ago.  Prayers also for my brother-in-law (sister's husband) who has undiagnosed medical problems.


Mary Post Warren
© copyright 2011, all rights reserved, Mary Post Warren

1 comment:

  1. You certainly are busy. I like your goal list, now that I have retired I should make a list of my own. I guess that will be my first goal, to make a list.

    ReplyDelete