Thursday, February 10, 2011

Goshen Indiana

At a family get-together a couple of months ago my cousin gave me these pictures to scan.  Our mother's grew up in Goshen Indiana, their father (my grandfather) Elmer Troyer was from Middlebury Indiana, which is a short distance from Goshen.

Goshen High School, Goshen Indiana

The high school on the right is where my mother (Margaret Troyer Post) graduated from in 1927.  Her sister (Dorothy Troyer Haines) graduated from Goshen High School about 3-4 years later.

My great-great grandparents Yost and Martha (Plank) Schrock settled in the Middlebury Indiana area in approximately 1850-1851.  They purchased 160 acres of land 1 mile west of Middlebury.

These pictures were taken by my cousin in approximately 1992 while visiting the area.  One of these days I would like to travel to Goshen, Middlebury, and Elkhart Indiana to visit where my mother grew up and to see the area where Yost and Martha (Plank) Schrock settled and raised their family.
Know anything about anyone mentioned in this post? Please contact me using the e-mail address to the right under my picture.
Mary Post Warren
© copyright 2011, all rights reserved, Mary Post Warren

2 comments:

  1. Mary, Goshen High School is just blocks from where we camp when we go to Goshen, usually every fall. It is a great place to be from (and to visit - - Man and I love it!! one of our favs!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I try to go to Middlebury every summer. We love Essenhaus restaurant. It would be a great trip, lots to do in the area.

    ReplyDelete