Some of my goals (not resolutions) for the new year:
- Read 5 chapters of the Bible daily - ON TRACK: I've read through Numbers and am now working on Deuteronomy.
- Read 2 books a month - ON TRACK: Since the first of January I've read O. Henry's "The Gift of the Magi", Frances Hodgson Burnett's "The Secret Garden", and am now working on Charlotte Bronte's "Jane Eyre"
- Volunteer in the school library - ON TRACK: have talked to the librarian and am currently working in the library after I get off work a day or two a week.
- Research family info and blog a minimum of 3 days a week - haven't done much research lately but have posted 3 times a week in January.
- Attend a genealogy convention - ON TRACK: went to the Arizona Family History Expo in Mesa Arizona a couple weeks ago.
- Get my zucchini to grow this year (last year I got none) Can't start this for a couple months.
- More canning and freezing of fresh fruits and veggies (either grown by me or given to me by my wonderful neighbor) - Can't start this until the spring crop starts growing, although someone gave me a ton of lemons last week and hubs and I got these squeezed and the juice frozen (lemon aide this summer YEA!)
- Walk more - ON TRACK: I'm walking to work/school. It's a neighborhood school so it's fairly close
We've also had a couple of family medical issues to deal with which takes away from time for research.
Mary Post Warren
© copyright 2011, all rights reserved, Mary Post Warren