Monday, June 6, 2011

52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy and History

52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History by Amy Coffin is a series of weekly blogging prompts (one for each week of 2011) that invite genealogists and others to record memories and insights about their own lives for future descendants. You do not have to be a blogger to participate. If you do not have a genealogy blog, write down your memories on your computer, or simply record them on paper and keep them with your files.


Week 23: Books - What was your favorite book, or who was your favorite author from your childhood? What do you like to read now? Books or other formats?

I LOVE reading...anything and everything....well almost, I'm not a lover of the tabloids and trashy stuff but if you put anything else into my hands and it's readable I'll read it.

When I was young I loved to read the Bobbsey Twins, the Hardy Boys, the Nancy Drew Mystery series. As children a weekly trip to the library was very common.  As I got older the books changed and I've read many from Jane Austen, The Bronte Sitsters, and Mark Twain to Danielle Steele and Mary Higgins Clark and a lot in between.  I'm also currently enjoying reading many of the Amish books that are available....giving me some insight into how my ancestors lived.  I'm trying to make my way through the older, classic books.  I've read many of them before but when it's been 50 years since I've read them it's nice to read them again.  

My children bought me a Kindle for Christmas last year and I have to say it's one of the greatest pieces of technology ever made!  I pack that puppy in my purse and have it for breaks at works, while standing in line in the bank, or just wait time in the car.  There are tons of free books on it as well as many you have to pay for.  I've read 25 books just since Christmas.  I love that they have kids books on the Kindle, what a great way to get children to read.
Mary Post Warren
© copyright 2011, all rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment