Thursday, June 2, 2011

Treasure Chest Thursday: Johnny and Mary Engel


1920ish Johnny Engel


1920ish Mary Engel
 Johnny was the only boy of the five children born to Christian and Edith (Burgess) Engel.  Mary, his wife, was born in 1913 and is 98 years old.  I do not have full information on them....as in birth dates, wedding date, Johnny's death date.  I do know they lived their married life in Long Beach CA.  Johnny was the brother of my mother-in-law, Myrtle Engel Warren.  The poem below fits the time-frame of the pictures posted.  it was written by my hub's cousin, whose mother was also Johnny and Myrtle's sister.

One of my fondest memories of Uncle Johnny was how he called me everyday towards the end of my pregnancies asking "are you still around?".....I laugh at that now but I probably didn't think so much of it when I was pregnant and just wanting to get it over.










Mary Post Warren
© copyright 2011, all rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment