Thursday, April 8, 2010

Thankful Thursday - A Day Late

My Thankful Thursday posting is almost a day late - I did this on purpose as I had posted another blog this morning and did not want to make you, my reader, have to read two postings in one day.  Soooooo....this one should be up for your first thing when you get up in the morning!  And thus I have accomplished two things! One: I've given you my Thursday posting, and two: since you are reading this on Friday I've done my Friday posting and can center on scanning pictures and preparing postings for next week!


The other day my husband and I were in our yard...we looked up and there in the tree was this bird, just sitting at the top of the world, looking around...a half hour later I went out and he was still there....basking in the sun, enjoying the beautiful day God had given us.  If you look real close you will see the bird at the very top of this tree, kind of in the center/left...a sharp contrast against the blue sky.  I don't know how long he was there - quite a while - but I'm sure he was thinking how thankful he was for spring just as we are.

And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. Genesis 1:21 KJV


Mary Post Warren
© copyright 2010, all rights reserved

2 comments:

  1. AMEN Mary!!!! It's been a LONG winter here in northern Indiana!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good reminder - I can't wait to get out and enjoy my yard tomorrow. The birds are all back and we are enjoying them so much. I have been privileged to be able to watch "Mr. Cardinal" feeding "Mrs. Cardinal" these past few days (I guess he does that a lot when they are nesting).

    ReplyDelete