Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Thankful Thursday - Spring

After a very cold and wet winter in Phoenix, and for most other parts of the country, I am very thankful for spring, which is finally springing.  We've had awesome weather this past week with the temperatures in the mid 70's to mid 80's.  Technically spring is still a couple days away (officially Saturday, March 20) but I'm starting early this year!

Don't get me wrong, I love sitting by roaring fire in the fireplace having hot chocolate and popcorn, the winter holidays, and family all around.  Nothing beats spring though and I'm ready to sit on the patio, sipping ice tea while reading a good book; barbecue; and, watch the flowers bloom.

The flowers posted here are from our backyard when we lived in Nevada. My mother was the gardener in our family, my flowers in my yard were left over from the previous owners and just seemed to keep on blooming. I just may try to plant something this year.

O LORD, how manifold are thy works! in wisdom hast thou made them all: the earth is full of thy riches.  Psalm 104:24  KJV 
Mary Post Warren
© copyright 2010, all rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment