Saturday, September 25, 2010

Saturday Night Genalogy Fun - Birth Order

It's Saturday Night Genealogy Fun as a challenge from our own Randy Seaver of Genea-Musings

My job is to:

1) Pick one of my ancestral lines - anyone - patrimonial, matriarchal, zigzag, from a famous ancestor, etc.; Pick a long one if I can.

2) Tell which position in the birth order that my ancestor was in each generation. For example "third child, first son. Also list how many children were born to these parents.

3) Share my Birth Order on my own blog post.

Here's mine (I picked my mother's line):

1. Mary D. Post 1943- ) - second child, first daughter of Hays Post and Margaret Troyer (2 sons, 1 daughter)
2. Margaret Troyer (1909-1987) - first daughter of Elmer Troyer and Mary Motzko (2 sons, 3 daughters)
3. Mary M. Motzko (1883-1953) - first child, third daughter of Philipp Motzko and Maria Fietzek (2 daughters)
4. Maria Fietzek (1857-1927) - daughter of Martin Fietzek and Catherina Dyga (4 sons, 6 daughters)
5. Catherina Dyga (1816-after 1857) - daughter of Franz Dyga and Unknown (2 (known) daughters)
6. Franz Dyga (1 (known) daughter)

Numbers 4 through 6 were born in Poland but I have no additional information on them. Not a very long line but I'm working on it!

Mary Post Warren
© copyright 2010, all rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment