Saturday, January 2, 2010

Philipp and Maria (Fietzek) Moczko (Motzko)

One of my goals for the new year is to scan 45+ years of family pictures. I also have many pictures going back to the 1800's and even further back. I love genealogy and have found a ton of information on family from both http://www.ancestry.com/ and http://www.genealogy.com/, as well as other similar sites and relations I've 'found' in my research. I've met up with cousins/aunts/uncles that I never would have connected with had it not been for the internet. Mostly these people that I have met are 2nd or 3rd cousins. But on my father's side I found a full-sister that he never knew he had. She is in her late 80's, her children (my cousins) are my age (I ain't telling!!). I will save most of them for a later date. Right now I'd like to center on my mom's side of the family.

My great-grandparents were born/raised and married in Prussia. In 1881 Philipp (b. 1859; d. 1910; buried Mt. Calvary Cemetery, Nampa ID) and Maria (Fietzek) (b. 5-4-1857; d. 5-7-1927; buried Mt. Calvary Cemetery, Nampa ID) Motzko (changed from Moczko) and their daughter, Catherine (b. 4-27-1879; d. 1-5-1945) left Prussia for Germany, where they took a ship (Leipzig) from Breman and sailed to Baltimore (with a final destination of Minnesota), arriving in United States on June 12, 1881. They settled in Minnesota and then Idaho where he was a farmer and she was a housekeeper...they had a total of 10 children.


Anyone reading this who are related to these people please contact me via this blog...I'll get back to you and we can share tons of additional information.

I will be posting blogs in the future about each of the children of Philipp and Maria (changed to Mary when relocating, but I'm calling her Maria for clarity sake)

© copyright 2010, all rights reserved, Mary Post Warren

No comments:

Post a Comment