Monday, January 11, 2010

Thomas Anthony Motzko


I do not have much information on the seventh child of Philipp and Maria Motzko.  I'm hoping by posting this to my blog that some descendants of his can help me fill in the blanks.

Thomas Anthony Motzko (b. 12/21/1891 Avon, Stearns County, Minnesota; d. 1/10/1938 Portland, Multnomah Co., Oregon ;  buried ___________).
According to his draft card dated July 6, 1917 he was age 26, single and was employed as an undertaker at Sands Funeral and Finishing Company in Victoria, B.C. (Canada).  Mason Sands was the widower of Thomas' sister, Johanna.
Married in Immaculate Heart Church, Nampa, Idaho. No info on spouse.

The above is the only information I have on  Thomas Motzko. I do have copies of an 1895 census record showing he was living at home, and a copy of an insurance policy (issued by the Bureau of War Risk Insurance) dated 1/12/1918.  Plus he does show in family photographs taken in the late 1890's. 


© copyright 2010, all rights reserved
 Mary Post Warren


No comments:

Post a Comment