Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Follow-up on 2011 Goals/Resolutions

As part of my 2011 Goals - I've decided to give you monthly updates.  I encourage you to work on Goals as they can be attained.
  1. Read 5 chapters of the Bible daily -  ON TRACK: I'm just starting 2nd Kings.  This is a hard goal to keep but I make it a top priority.
  2. Read 2 books a month - ON TRACK: Since the first of January I've read: 
  •   O. Henry's "The Gift of the Magi"  
  •   Frances Hodgson Burnett's "The Secret Garden"
  •   Charlotte Bronte's "Jane Eyre"
  •   L. M. (Lucy Maud) Montgomery's "Anne of Green Gables"
  •   Mindy Starns Clark and Leslie Gould's "The Amish Midwife" (currently reading)
   3.  Volunteer in the school library - ON TRACK
        currently working in the library, after I get off work, a day or two a week.

   4.  Research family info and blog a minimum of 3 days a week  -
  • I received contact through ancestry.com from someone who had been my brother's best friend when they were in the Air Force together.  Jim (my brother) was his best man and he sent me a picture with Jim in it from the wedding.  (p.s. Jim passed away in 1993, Cal knew this but I'm not sure how he knew. I have to remember to ask)
  • I finally got my computer out of the hospital (after 6 weeks of on and off being there) and have installed Roots Magic4.  I've imported all of my contacts from PAF and am working on updating them.
  • I'm working on typing up the "Memories of Yost and Martha (Plank) Schrock (my maternal great-grandparents.  I am posting these several times a week on my blog.  I'm about 1/2 way through the 'memories'
   5.  Attend a genealogy convention - ON TRACK
        went to AZ Family History Expo in Mesa AZ a few weeks ago. Trying to squeeze in an online classes.

   6.  Get my zucchini to grow this year (last year I got none) -
        trying to find time to get to the nursery to pick up seeds and fertilizer.

   7.  More canning and freezing of fresh fruits and veggies (either grown by me or given to me by my wonderful neighbor)
       Been squeezing and freezing the juice from lemons and oranges that have been given to us. Will work on
       the spring crop of veggies and other fruit as they come in.

   8.  Walk more - Falling a little behind on this
        ...since hubs is not working and I've got a car everyday it's too easy to just hop in it and drive to work. 

Pray for my sis-in-law (hubs older sis) who has terminal cancer diagnosed last month.  She is not doing chemo or radiation because of too many other medical issues.

Pretty excited I was able to get our state and federal taxes done this past month - with refunds coming from both. The last few years I've been frantically rushing around on April 12 trying to get things together for the accountant so that they could be filed on time.  This year I did the entire thing myself!
Mary Post Warren
© copyright 2011, all rights reserved, Mary Post Warren

2 comments:

  1. You are having a VERY productive year so far! Congrats! Really, MORE congrats! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have been very busy. I wish I had been as productive. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete