Monday, March 7, 2011

Madness Monday: Amish Bishop Samuel Hochsettler

I am not sure what year this happened...it just says January 23.  From the clothing on the investigators it looks to be late 1920's or 1930's?  That's my guess, for what it's worth!  A handwritten note under the title of the article says "Is this in your book Nora?"  Wonder if they were meaning the book I just purchased from e-bay, or if it was a different one?  I plan on doing more research on this in the summer.

The newspaper article is from Goshen Indiana....my mother was a reporter...was she involved in the writing of the article?  Could she have known these people?  She graduated from Goshen High School in 1927 and started at the newspaper shortly afterwards.  If I'm correct on the range of years this article could have been written she might very well have remembered the incident.


Found in book purchased on e-bay February 2011
"The Descendants of Jacob Hochstetler" by
Harvy Hostetler
To enlarge the article click on it...then click on article again to enlarge for easy readability.  IMPORTANT: BE SURE AND USE THE BACK ARROW ON YOUR BROWSERS (UPPER LEFT) TO COME BACK TO THIS PAGE.

Know anything about anyone mentioned in this post? Please contact me using the e-mail address to the right under my picture.
Mary Post Warren
© copyright 2011, all rights reserved, Mary Post Warren

No comments:

Post a Comment