Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Bits and Pieces on the Motzko Family



Maria Motzko (far left) was my great grand-mother, Hattie Motzko (next to her) was Maria's 4th child, Helen Motzko (middle) was the wife of John Motzko (one of Maria's 10 children), Catherine Motzko (2nd from right) is Maria's oldest daughter, and finally, Mary Motzko (right) was my grandmother and Maria's 3rd child.

Helen Sergeant Motzko was one of my mother's, Margaret Troyer (Mary Motzko's daughter), good friends.  Frank and Viola Motzko also had a daughter named Helen Motzko (I say this to help keep from any confusion over the two Helens)


The picture on the right is of an unidentified Motzko girl taken in 1922.  She is probably the grand-daughter of Philippe and Maria Motzko. The last of Philipp and Maria's children was born in 1899.  (I'm hoping someone will come across this blog and can help in identifying her)




When Maria Fietzek Motzko came from Prussia to the United States with her husband it is said that her sister Francesa Fietzek Reh and her husband came at the same time, or shortly thereafter. (I'm so glad because I cannot imagine being 24 years old with a husband and new baby and traveling to a new land thousands of miles away to start a new life! This way at least her sister was somewhere nearby).

Mary Post Warren
© copyright 2010, all rights reserved



No comments:

Post a Comment