Tuesday, February 16, 2010

This is Dedicated to One I Love - My Dad (part 2)


Hays Coulter Post married Hays Coulter Post married Margaret Elizabeth Troyer on October 4, 1941 in Santa Barbara, California.
They had 5 children - James Joseph, Mary Dana, Martha Lucile, Hays Christopher, and Susan Dorothy.

They lived in Long Beach California for a couple years before purchasing their first home in Los Angeles California in the mid to late 1940's.  In 1957 they sold their home in Los Angeles and moved to Pomona CA to be closer to family.

Hays' mother Bess Coulter lived with them a short while when they lived in Long Beach....until she passed away.  I'm not sure of the time frame or how long she was living with them  but I get the impression from mom's diaries that it was a few months.

Hays was a family man - he loved his wife and children.  He worked nights as a printer to provide for his growing family.  He worked for a newspaper in Los Angeles and upon moving to Pomona he worked for Avery Label in Monrovia.

There were family camping trips, family get-togethers with extended family, and church that he was involved in with his family.  The 1940's and 1950's were a great time to raise in family and he did it well!


This is Dedicated to One I Love - My Dad




Mary Post Warren
© copyright 2010, all rights reserved
 




2 comments:

  1. Don't forget the 50 years dad spent in the boy scout organization.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't - be careful, you're stealing my thunder - it's up for later in the week :)

    ReplyDelete