Thursday, January 6, 2011

Follow Friday: If I Had a Time Machine...

I got the idea for this post from Lorine McGinnis Schultze at Olive Tree Genealogy  She wrote the article a few weeks ago.  I've been thinking on it ever since.  How cool would it be to have 'time machines'....I use to think they were just science fiction and fantasy and they could never happen.  But then I thought - look how much has happened in the last 25 years with technology!  Who would of thought we'd ever be posting our thoughts on a blog for the entire world to see electronically?  Who'd of thought we'd find long lost relatives and/or living family members we never knew we had - all through the use of technology?

So, why not time machines in the next 10-25 years (my expected lifespan)?  I can see it happening.  I would love to see it happen - what would I do and where would I go in one of these machines?

My first thoughts were I'd go back to the 1879 when my great-grandparents set sail from Breman, Germany for the United States. I would love to listen to them with their thoughts, hear their excitement for starting a new life and talk about their sadness of leaving their parents/brothers/sisters/other relatives behind.   I'd love to sit in their shadow (I'm not sure if they would be able to see or know me) and hear what they have to say.  I would hope that I would be able to understand the Polish language.  I'd want to take notes or record historical events but I'm not sure if a time machine will let me do more than watch - after all if I did much more I could be changing history.



Mary Post Warren
© copyright 2011, all rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment