1) What day of the week were you born? Tell us how you found out.
I was born on Thursday, September 16, 1943 at/or about 4 pm. My parents told me the day of week, but I also double checked on a 1943 calendar in Outlook Express. According to the poem "Thursdays child has far to go"
2) What has happened in recorded history on your birth date (day and month)? Tell us how you found out, and list five events. (click on dates to see sources)
September 16 - WW2 - Salerno Mutiny occurs with the British X Corps
September 16 - WW2 - (Fifth Air Force): In New Guinea, B-17's, B-26's, B-25's, and A-20's pound enemy positions at Lae after which the airfield and town (evacuated by Japanese) are occupied by Australian forces; B-24's carry out a light strike on Sorong.
September 16 - Excerpts from Anne Frank's Diary
- Everyone is so touchy and interactions are so tense that nobody talks at mealtimes.
- Anne feels depressed and takes valerian to try to fight it.
- The warehouseman, Mr. Maaren, is becoming suspicious of the Secret Annex. Everyone, including the protectors, is acting extra cautious.
3) What famous people have been born on your birth date? Tell us how you found out, and list five of them. (click on name to see source)
|1926||Robert H. Schuller, American Clergyman|
|1949||Ed Begley, Jr., LA Cal, actor, Eating Raoul, St. Elsewhere, Parenthood|
|1956||David Copperfield, born in Metuchen, New Jersey, illusionist, history's most successful commercial magician, sold over 40 million tickets, grossed over $1 billion|
|1963||Garth Jax, NFL middle linebacker for the Arizona Cardinals|
Mary Post Warren
© copyright 2011, all rights reserved, Mary Post Warren